" Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, Life is not in vain. " - Hellen Keller (1880 - 1968)





A Heart Felt Welcome To You....

I am a mother of 3 children, who has now passed the stage of the "Biological Clock ." I lost my planned and very much wanted precious first child - a son "Nicholas" - at 19 weeks & 4 days gestation, due to birth defects. My 2 other children are the love of my life, and I treasure every moment I spend with them. I am currently studying to be a counsellor while also hoping to finish writing a book this year, about my life's experiences & many challenges.



You can also catch a summary by viewing my complete profile. I'd love you to stay awhile, to hopefully be comforted and inspired by my writing, and enjoy the read! Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. xxxx



Please click on the Picture of Nicholas' Home Page to read my story of losing my first child "Darling Precious Angel Son In Heaven".













My Memorial Site

I Also Have A Special Memorial Site Named:

"Eternal Names By The Sea"

Especially To Honour Our Precious Loved One's, if you would like to have a look, leave a name request or post a comment, just click on the photo on the right hand side of my page.

Or feel free to click on the link below:

http://eternalnamesbythesea.blogspot.com/

I would love to hear from you xxxx

I am very happy to do this as a special touch from my heart to yours, as the pain of losing a precious loved one is very heartbreaking.

I am always here for you xxxx



Saturday, February 28, 2009

Funny Moments And Sayings From Shane And Kimberley (Possum)......
1. Yesterday afternoon Kimberley (Possum), Shane & his best mate (who is staying here for the weekend), were swimming in the pool & having lots of fun.... When it started to rain (YIPEE we need lots of that) quite heavily, so they got out of the pool????.... I asked: "Why are you all getting out of the pool???"..... And much to my amusement their reply was: "We don't want to get wet".....What this??????? "Hello" they were already WET while swimming in the pool!!!!.... lol
2. My gorgeous Possum was going to stay at her best friends house in Pakenham for 2 days. So I asked her, to pack whatever she needed to take with her, clothes, a favourite toy, toiletries, etc.... (For those of you that don't yet know Kimberley, I must explain she sooooo loves soft toys, especially Beanie Kids, and she has hundreds of them). So after awhile, from busily packing, she came back into the lounge room with our "HUGE" case, it was full & closed up. I asked her: "Have You Packed Everything You Need?" And to this she answered (with a very serious face): "I Have Packed Everything I Want, But Not What I Need." ???? I then asked her: "What else do you need to pack?".... Her reply was: "Just my clothes and toiletries.".... My curiosity got the better of me..... I opened the case to see what was inside.... And to my amusement it was FULL OF SOFT TOYS, leaving no room to put anything else in!!!..... I asked: "Where are you going to fit your clothes, etc?".... To which she replied (still with a very serious face): "Oh mum, I only need a "small" plastic bag for those!!".... What the?????..... I laughed so much..... In her precious, sweet, innocent mind she had packed the most important things. That of course will change (I hope) in a couple of years, when she becomes a teenager & clothes will be more important than toys:)
For those of you who don't know me yet, I can be quite a stirrer (in a nice way), I get that from my wonderful Dad. And often the kids & I stir each other, although I stir them more, than they stir me.... And the kids are getting to really know me now, (The old me, the person who I really am, I'II explain why in another post), so whenever I try to stir them, they look me straight in the eye to see if I have a glint of mischievous.... which I try to hide....it's getting harder though.... We need lots of laughs in our loving little home, so whenever we get our words mixed up, or make silly comments, we all stir each other....
Such as:
To be pacific, instead of specific......from Shane
I have everything I want, but not what I need....from Possum
And one from me, that Possum always stirs me about, was my response to her in the middle of the night when she had a nightmare: "We can't have that then!!"........
We have a very loving, safe & happy home "NOW", (I'II also explain that too in another post), and I'm trying my hardest to give Shane (13) & Possum (11),a wonderful childhood that they'll look back on in later years with the fondest of memories. They deserve & need this, after everything they have already experienced in their young lives, which I totally blame and take responsibility for, they first and for most need to just be kids and not to have to worry, learn or experience adult things at their tender young ages.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kay,
    I am so glad you have joined the blogging world :) Angel parents have a fantastic online support community and you are a great asset to this community. I hope to hear from you - my fellow grief counseler Love Dana

    ReplyDelete