" Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, Life is not in vain. " - Hellen Keller (1880 - 1968)





A Heart Felt Welcome To You....

I am a mother of 3 children, who has now passed the stage of the "Biological Clock ." I lost my planned and very much wanted precious first child - a son "Nicholas" - at 19 weeks & 4 days gestation, due to birth defects. My 2 other children are the love of my life, and I treasure every moment I spend with them. I am currently studying to be a counsellor while also hoping to finish writing a book this year, about my life's experiences & many challenges.



You can also catch a summary by viewing my complete profile. I'd love you to stay awhile, to hopefully be comforted and inspired by my writing, and enjoy the read! Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. xxxx



Please click on the Picture of Nicholas' Home Page to read my story of losing my first child "Darling Precious Angel Son In Heaven".













My Memorial Site

I Also Have A Special Memorial Site Named:

"Eternal Names By The Sea"

Especially To Honour Our Precious Loved One's, if you would like to have a look, leave a name request or post a comment, just click on the photo on the right hand side of my page.

Or feel free to click on the link below:

http://eternalnamesbythesea.blogspot.com/

I would love to hear from you xxxx

I am very happy to do this as a special touch from my heart to yours, as the pain of losing a precious loved one is very heartbreaking.

I am always here for you xxxx



Thursday, April 30, 2009

Another Difficult Day For Me .... And I Have Been Inspired By Melissa



Today is another difficult day for me. I know I should be doing my assessments and so on for my counselling course that I'm doing at uni, but I'm finding it very hard to focus on them this week...... I desperately need some down time, and I have the urge to reach out to others who are finding it tough at the moment too.



I recently came across a beautiful blog called "To Write Their Names In The Sand", where a wonderful lady in Western Australia writes your precious lost baby's name in the sand, this site is a beautiful memorial to her son Christen. I was so honoured when she wrote Nicholas name in the sand for me. Linked to her blog she also has a support blog called "Under The Tree", and through this site I came across Melissa a lovely, but very heartbroken mama in America, requesting for anyone around the world that lives near the ocean to be able to write her precious daughter's name in the sand.

To view her blog the address is:

http://2feetonearth1inthestars.wordpress.com/

So that's what I did yesterday afternoon, once the rain had cleared..... I was amazed how wonderful a feeling it was to be able to do this for Melissa. It made a difficult day for me alot easier.... So Thank You Melissa.

This idea has got me thinking, that there are many of us around the world who have not only lost our precious babies, we have also lost others that a very precious to us too.

Because I live so close to the beach, I have decided that if anyone would like me to write a precious lost loved one's name in the sand, I am very happy to do so.

I too, as Melissa, would also love if anyone out there living near the ocean, could please write Nicholas name in the sand, and also if you don't mind taking a photo of it and sending to my email address..... Thank You....

Below is a photo I took yesterday of the path leading onto the beach where I took the photos.

2 comments:

  1. I don't live near the sand Kay. But if you don't mind I could probably find something nice to do with Nicholas's name I'd love to be able to repay you in that kindness for what you did for me and Calypso

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://s672.photobucket.com/albums/vv87/veducolemar/?action=view&current=May8.jpg

    Here's Nicholas's name in chalk at my home. I hope it's ok

    ReplyDelete