" Believe, when you are most unhappy, that there is something for you to do in the world. So long as you can sweeten another's pain, Life is not in vain. " - Hellen Keller (1880 - 1968)





A Heart Felt Welcome To You....

I am a mother of 3 children, who has now passed the stage of the "Biological Clock ." I lost my planned and very much wanted precious first child - a son "Nicholas" - at 19 weeks & 4 days gestation, due to birth defects. My 2 other children are the love of my life, and I treasure every moment I spend with them. I am currently studying to be a counsellor while also hoping to finish writing a book this year, about my life's experiences & many challenges.



You can also catch a summary by viewing my complete profile. I'd love you to stay awhile, to hopefully be comforted and inspired by my writing, and enjoy the read! Please post a comment, I would love to hear from you. xxxx



Please click on the Picture of Nicholas' Home Page to read my story of losing my first child "Darling Precious Angel Son In Heaven".













My Memorial Site

I Also Have A Special Memorial Site Named:

"Eternal Names By The Sea"

Especially To Honour Our Precious Loved One's, if you would like to have a look, leave a name request or post a comment, just click on the photo on the right hand side of my page.

Or feel free to click on the link below:

http://eternalnamesbythesea.blogspot.com/

I would love to hear from you xxxx

I am very happy to do this as a special touch from my heart to yours, as the pain of losing a precious loved one is very heartbreaking.

I am always here for you xxxx



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bairnsdale Ulcers - Its Not Good News

My results have come back and there is the "Bad News" and the "Really Bad News"......
After seeing my Doctor this afternoon, my results confirmed that I have "Bairnsdale Ulcers"(That's the Bad News) and because they are growing quite rapidly, the "LAB" is now looking to see if I have "leprosy"(And that's the really bad news!!!!).....................
Aaaarrrrgggghhhh.......................................................................
I am now on two even stronger antibiotics, as well as having to go and see my doctor everyday for injections.....aarrrrggghhhh.....OUCH !!!!!!
I have been told that while the "LAB" is testing me for Leprosy I have to be quarantined at home. The only places I'm allowed to go to is the Doctor and the Chemist!!!! When I came out of the Doctors office, I was told to stand near the door of the doctors office, and the receptionist (with a mask over her face) then evacuated the patients from the waiting room to the car park, until I had left. My first thought was that because of the recent outbreaks of "Swine Flu", they must of had a patient in the treatment room, (because that's what they did yesterday) but no....it was because of me being classed as "Highly Contagious"..... It was such a terrifying and humiliating experience.
Now my precious children have had to go and stay with their father until I get the "All Clear".......Whenever that will be??????
Years ago here in Melbourne, Australia we used to have an "Infectious Diseases Hospital", but over the years with the many changes of State and Federal Governments with their wisdom, and many cost cutting in the community they
have closed it down!!!!! If it was still open, then that's where I would be at the moment, but instead I have to stay in my home and my poor darling and very precious children have to stay away from me and their own home. They are both extremely upset and concerned about me, as well as having to leave their home, so their father and I have decided not to tell them what my Doctor told me today, all we have explained to them is "I might be contagious with my ulcers and its best they aren't with me until I find out more from the Doctor". My heart was breaking when they left with their father, we were all in tears, and I can't even give them cuddles and kisses to try and comfort them and ease their anxiety........... Its very hard to see my children suffering so much.
And even though I worked out a way to open a bottle of wine to have a glass, and too also have a cigarette, I am now not allowed to have any alcohol while I'm on all this medication!!!! And I sure do wish I could have a glass at the moment!!
So instead I have to keep up my sense of humour, so if anyone has any funny stories or experiences to share, I would love to hear from you....Please....
I really need a good laugh right now.
xxxx

2 comments:

  1. Oh Kay!

    I'm so, so sorry.......I haven't been over here to see you for a bit. Oh MY goodness......Ok.......YOU need to get a mask and draw a monster face on it...... :-) I'll be praying for a speedy recovery, for sure. I so hope you feel better soon. Thank goodness for the internet, huh? At least you can stay in touch with the outside world.

    Long distance hugs........(((((((())))))))))
    Spencer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the mask should have roses on it to bring you a lift every time you look at such beauty, reminding you that there is beauty beneath it all, no matter how dismal life may be.

    I am so sorry that you are going thru this. Life is challenging enough without horrible diseases.

    I have Crohns Disease & a heart birth defect.
    I, like you, have a blessed angel son, Sean Ean, forever held in the hands of our Lord. He was 3 yr 5 mn when my husband found him dead in a swimming pool, the babysitter didn't even miss him.

    May God hold your hand, give you strength & help you with the journey you are on.

    My husband loves Australia, he's been there several times.

    Pop over for a visit.
    TTFN ~ Marydon

    ReplyDelete